Every week I'm sending a postcard to my brother. If he replies he gets the point, if he doesn't then I get the point. He knows nothing about it, needless to say this is a game disguised as regular contact.


Sunday 21 December 2014

Week Fifty Two

This is it, the final postcard, which means the final score is 47-5. My parents always told me to end on a Venn diagram so that's what I'm doing.

I feel this week's postcard needs explaining. The general gist is that I wanted to annoy my brother by targeting our professions. He's a paramedic and I'm an electrician and suggesting that my job is in any way above his will send him into some kind of weird meltdown. Of course rocket scientists are imperative but it could be argued that the reduction in space programs during economical crises reduces their importance slightly. Likewise I have met site labourers who regularly complete The Times crossword but I have also met some who can't function without constant input. Not all paramedics are lazy. What I'm trying to say is that this isn't a definitive example but it should annoy my brother sufficiently and that's why we're all here, surely.

'All here' refers to the 5,598 views that have occurred to date. I have finally dismantled the big pile of unused postcards that I've had sitting on the side for the year and it was nice to read through some of the letters and cards I've received from contributors. If you haven't already and you find time I would implore you to take a look at some of the dynamite postcards we've used this year.

I'd like to take this final opportunity to thank everyone who's been involved, contributed, shared, retweeted and generally stopped by. My next post will be directed towards my brother and I will put that up next week in time for him to open the quillow that guides him towards this site. Stand by...






No comments:

Post a Comment