Every week I'm sending a postcard to my brother. If he replies he gets the point, if he doesn't then I get the point. He knows nothing about it, needless to say this is a game disguised as regular contact.


Tuesday 23 December 2014

Mi Hermano, Mi Oido...

By now you should have opened your Christmas present containing the address for this website. I fear I have a little explaining to do.

Firstly, 'Mi Oido' doesn't mean ‘he who goes before me’ in Spanish. I explained this earlier in the blog so anybody tuning in will know but unfortunately I couldn’t cascade the message to your level until now. Sorry about that.


Also it’s important to note that there was a scoring system involved with the receiving of postcards every week. I got a point if you didn’t reply and you got a point if you did. Texting me to tell me your cat was sick wasn’t sufficient but a text to reply to a postcard or even to say you received it was adequate. To see if you won have a look at the final score in last week’s post.

I couldn’t have done this alone. The postcards have come from various places and people and I have been updating the good people of Twitter every week as I know you don’t really use your Twitter account. Our epic battle has been mentioned by scores of people including a certain Danny John-Jules who has RT’d the link a good few times. This, along with contributions from some incredible artists, has brought the viewing figures for the blog to this:



You may notice that this is my most viewed blog ever and that includes the time I had to run a marathon.

I hope this clears up any questions about my mental wellbeing and I also hope you’ll take the time to scroll through and see the comments from each postcard. I have thanked the contributors but feel it would be pertinent for you to do the same; after all, you got to keep their work.

Thanks for playing…keep in touch.

Your bro,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment