Every week I'm sending a postcard to my brother. If he replies he gets the point, if he doesn't then I get the point. He knows nothing about it, needless to say this is a game disguised as regular contact.


Sunday 27 April 2014

Week Eighteen

We are proud Cornishmen. Although my brother lives hundreds of miles away in the big smoke of Nodnol (ish, he's actually more Middlesexist now) he is always happy to wear the flag of St Piran or a Cornish Pirates rugby top when the occasion suits. I'm sure he'd dress down for the BAFTAs or similar events but you get what I'm saying.

The announcement this week that the Cornish will get the same minority status as other Celtic regions is superb as it means we might be able to have two pints of a weekend instead of just the usual half. I'm hoping I can get an Arts Council grant and sit around during the week, getting up around midday and refusing to go out unless it's pitch black. The only downside with this is that, as minorities, the press may get us confused and try to send us back where we came from when, ironically, we are where we came from. That's not to say we don't welcome others in Cornwall. Do come down. Do.

The score is 16-2, however his arrival is very soon. I think next week will be dangerous as he may well phone ahead. Saying that, he never has before. Also the chat has to be to do with the postcards or he's not getting any points. I really, really want to win this.





No comments:

Post a Comment