Every week I'm sending a postcard to my brother. If he replies he gets the point, if he doesn't then I get the point. He knows nothing about it, needless to say this is a game disguised as regular contact.


Sunday 20 April 2014

Week Seventeen

When I went to watch Filth it was a magical day. I'd only been introduced to Trainspotting two years before and I was thrilled that another Irvine Welsh book had been transformed into a talkie picture movie. I rarely go to the cinema but I made this a big night; popcorn, drinks, beers afterwards and was not disappointed by the film itself which featured great acting, a wicked plot and some genuinely funny moments despite the context. Whenever I think about that film it takes me back to my big night out. The next film I want to see is Frank and that is mostly due to his appearance in Filth and my subsequent reading of his life. Giving this postcard away will be tough but it's for a good cause.

My brother doesn't know any of this.

15-2 is the score. I was visited recently by my other brother who is sort of a mutual brother of ours and certainly a good reason for him to get in touch yet I'm quite happy to keep the point for myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment