Every week I'm sending a postcard to my brother. If he replies he gets the point, if he doesn't then I get the point. He knows nothing about it, needless to say this is a game disguised as regular contact.


Sunday 13 July 2014

Week Twenty Nine

This week's postcard will annoy my brother immensely. Flora Day is an annual tradition in Helston where people from the town follow a set dance around the town at different times. The dances at 7am and 5pm were traditionally for the workers of the town, with the midday dance being for the gentry. He dances in the 7 and 5 because he says he hasn't forgotten his roots; I dance in the midday because I can get up at 11am and only have to do it once. He thinks I'm a snob, I know I'm just taking the easy way out.

Besides, I've managed to keep in touch with him every week for the past six and a half months. His lack of return means that finally, before the weeks have turned thirty...

I AM THE WINNER OF POSTCARDS TO MY BROTHER!

I was hoping for a whitewash but 52-0 was always going to be a big ask. This week it's 27-2 and, with only 23 weeks to go, there is no way he can make up the deficit.

I've had some cracking contributions from some big hitters but I still need to fill the weeks somehow so be sure to send me anything you've got, particularly if it suggests victory or includes people parading around for some reason. Here's a photo of my brother and I at his 25th birthday party which, considering I'm younger than him and I'm 30 now, was a day or two ago I realise. We both still look just about the same.









No comments:

Post a Comment